05-15 TACOMA 0-3.5"/ 16-17 0-2.75" STAGE 8 SUSPENSION SYSTEM W TUBULAR UCA - K53008T
ICON Vehicle Dynamics 2005-UP Toyota Tacoma suspension systems are designed with maximum performance and the serious driver in mind. Throughout the development of these systems ICON engineers' primary focus is to increase wheel travel and damping ability, which translates into outstanding vehicle control and ride quality both on and off-road. This Stage 8 system goes a step further in delivering ICON performance to the Tacoma with the addition of rear suspension components that include an ICON RXT multi-rate leaf spring and a unique RXT-specific 2.5 Series shock.
The Stage 8 system includes vehicle-specific tuned 2.5 Series Extended Travel coilover shocks featuring a remote reservoir for exceptional cooling properties and ICON-engineered coil springs for superior vehicle "feel" through the range of travel. These coilovers are also height adjustable from 0-3.5" for 2005-2015 models or 0-2.75" for 2016-Up models, allowing the use of larger, more aggressive wheel and tire combinations. Used in conjunction with the included ICON upper control arm, these extended travel coilovers add increased droop travel to the front suspension. To increase the ride quality of the truck and gain additional droop travel, the ICON RXT multi-rate leaf springs are added to the rear. Designed with an additional leaf (included with kit) that can be exchanged or added to the pack to yield an additional 10-20% spring rate, this leaf spring is perfect for drivers seeking improved rear ride quality in an "unloaded" vehicle as well as those that are have outfitted their trucks with a significant amount of weight in the form of a bed rack, roof top tent, spare tires, parts, or other additions. To compliment this increase in rear wheel travel the Stage 8 system includes a unique 2.5 Series remote reservoir shock that features a side-mount eyelet that making it shorter in collapsed length, longer at extension, and still fits in the factory mounting location. A large ten inch remote reservoir was added to aid in heat dissipation and resist shock fade during spirited driving.
This system features tubular steel upper control arms with ICON's patent pending Delta Joint. The Delta Joint is a heavy duty high angle ball joint that combines the durability of a ball joint with the performance characteristics of a traditional uniball. While the industry standard uniball does a great job of allowing the control arms of a vehicle to articulate with little bind, they do have an inherent weakness that leaves more to be desired when used in a daily driven application - exposure to the elements. The Delta Joint features a zinc plated housing providing the first layer of corrosion resistance, while a tough grease seal keeps potentially harmful elements out of the inner workings of the joint. Metal on metal construction and a greasable design increase the longevity of the Delta Joint while at the same time allowing for noise-free operation. What makes the Delta Joint unique is that it brings the best of both worlds to ICON upper control arms with features that make it more robust than a uniball, and at the same time capable of greater angularity than a typical ball joint.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Increased wheel travel and ride quality over stock
- Vehicle-specific tuned front and rear shocks for superior shock damping and control
- Adjustable coilovers provide up to 3.5" of front lift height (up to 2.75" on 2016-Up models)
- Extended Travel coilovers matched with ICON UCA provides increased front droop travel
- 6061 aircraft grade aluminum CNC machined components
- Corrosion resistant CAD plated coilover shock body with 7/8" shaft
- 2.5 Series remote reservoir RXT rear shocks with 7/8" shaft
- Multi-Rate Leaf Spring with 3 user-adjustable spring rates for unique vehicle configurations
- ICON RXT Rear Shock with unique side-mounted lower eyelet allows for increased travel (up to 20%) while utilizing factory mounting location
- FK Rod End bearings for extended longevity and minimal deflection
- Shocks are fully rebuildable and revalveable
- Bolt-on system means no cutting or welding necessary for install
- "ICON 1K" tested under rigorous off-road conditions to validate tune, performance, strength, and durability
- OEM Wheels & Tires Fitment: Yes
- Recommended Aftermarket Wheels: ICON Alloys | 17x8.5 with 4.75" Backspace / 0mm Offset
- Recommended Aftermarket Tires: 33" x 11.50" (Larger tires may fit but fender trimming and modifications will be required.)
- APPLICATION NOTE #47: 700LB/IN EXPEDITION COIL AVAILABLE FOR HEAVIER EQUIPPED VEHICLES
- APPLICATION NOTE #55: SHOCKS ARE FULLY SERVICEABLE. COILOVER HEIGHTS INDICATED ARE FOR A STOCK EQUIPPED VEHICLE
- APPLICATION NOTE #109: 2016-UP TACOMA LIFT RANGE IS 0-2.75"
- APPLICATION NOTE #110: TRIMMING REQUIRED FOR RECOMMENDED TIRE SIZE
- APPLICATION NOTE #111: BUMP STOP SPACER KIT 51045 CAN BE INSTALLED TO INCREASE PRELOAD .25" BEYOND MAXIMUM
- Ships in Multiple Boxes
- 51101 (QTY: 1) | 05-UP TACOMA MULTI RATE RXT LEAF SPRING KIT W/ U BOLTS
- 57826P (QTY: 1) | 05-UP TACOMA RXT REAR 2.5 RR PAIR
- 58735 (QTY: 1) | 05-UP TACOMA EXT TRAVEL 2.5 VS RR COILOVER KIT
- 58450DJ (QTY: 1) | 05-UP TACOMA TUBULAR UCA DJ KIT