ICON Vehicle Dynamics 2007-2016 GM Silverado/Sierra 1500 suspension systems are designed to dramatically increase the on and off-road ride quality. ICON engineers’ primary focus is to increase wheel travel and damping ability, which translates into outstanding vehicle control and ride quality both on and off-road. With wheel travel and ride quality in mind, ICON engineers researched each component of the GM platform’s suspension and addressed any areas where performance could be extracted. The Stage 3 system includes vehicle-specific tuned 2.5” coilover shocks featuring an internal reservoir for exceptional cooling properties and ICON-developed Eibach coil springs for superior vehicle “feel” through the range of travel. These coilovers are height adjustable from 1-3” allowing the use of larger, more aggressive wheel and tire combinations. ICON 2.5 Aluminum Series piggyback reservoir rear shocks utilize a vehicle specific valving that balances the performance of the truck from front to rear. The ICON Vehicle Dynamics 2007-2016 GM Silverado/Sierra 1500 Stage 3 suspension system is an excellent choice for those drivers looking to enhance the capabilities of their pickup on the road as well as in the dirt.
This system features upper control arms with ICON's patented Delta Joint. The Delta Joint is a heavy-duty high angle ball joint that combines the durability of a ball joint with the performance characteristics of a traditional uniball. While the industry standard uniball does a great job of allowing the control arms of a vehicle to articulate with little bind, they do have an inherent weakness that leaves more to be desired when used in a daily driven application - exposure to the elements. The Delta Joint features a zinc plated housing providing the first layer of corrosion resistance, while a tough grease seal keeps potentially harmful elements out of the inner workings of the joint. Metal on metal construction and a greaseable design increase the longevity of the Delta Joint while at the same time allowing for noise-free operation. What makes the Delta Joint unique is that it brings the best of both worlds to ICON upper control arms with features that make it more robust than a uniball, and at the same time capable of greater angularity than a typical ball joint.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Fits 2WD and 4WD models
- Increased wheel travel and ride quality over stock with no change in towing capacity
- Vehicle specific tuned front and rear shocks for superior shock damping and control
- Adjustable coilovers from 1-3" of lift height
- 6061 Aircraft grade aluminum CNC machined components
- Corrosion resistant CAD plated coilover shock bodies with 7/8 shafts
- High strength alloy CNC machined lower bar pin
- FK rod end bearings for extended longevity and minimal deflection
- 2.5 Aluminum Series rear shocks feature one-piece impact extruded aluminum cylinders for excellent corrosion resistance and consistent finish
- 100% Bolt-on system - no drilling, cutting, or welding necessary for install
- OEM Wheels & Tires Fitment: Yes
- Recommended Aftermarket Wheels: ICON Alloys | 17x8.5" w/ 4.75” Backspace / 0mm Offset
- Recommended Aftermarket Wheels: ICON Alloys | 18x9" w/ 5” Backspace / 0mm Offset
- Recommended Aftermarket Wheels: ICON Alloys | 20x9" w/ 5” Backspace / 0mm Offset
- Recommended Aftermarket Tires: 33" x 11.50" (Larger tires may fit but fender trimming and modifications will be required.)
- APPLICATION NOTE #55: SHOCKS ARE FULLY SERVICEABLE. COILOVER HEIGHTS INDICATED ARE FOR A STOCK EQUIPPED VEHICLE
- TECH NOTE: Only compatible with OE spindles. DO NOT install in combination with ANY aftermarket spindles.
- TECH NOTE: Small taper applications can be identified by the forged steel OE control arms
- Ships in multiple boxes