Executive Assistant to the Vice President of Cali Raised APPLY NOW
Full Job Description
Position: Administrative Assistant to the Vice President for Cali Raised
Organizational Relationship: Reports to the Vice President for Cali Raised
Position Status: Non-exempt, Full-time
Position Summary: Provide strong administrative support to the Vice President for Cali Raised as well as the Vice President’s supporting departments.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparing and maintaining spreadsheets, filing, project management, assisting in the production of reports and expense reporting for the Vice President’s office
- Responds to and generates written, telephone, and e-mail correspondence and communications for the VP
- Schedules appointments, coordinates meetings, and oversees the VP’s appointment calendar
- Acts as a liaison between the VP and various departments of the Company
- Maintaining the VP’s office records
- Plans and implements Trade Show events as directed by VPCRO
- Other duties as assigned to support other departments
QUALIFICATIONS: To fulfill this role successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree. Experience with budgets and other financial reporting.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Solid grasp of Excel to develop and maintain financial and numerical spreadsheets with varied formulas and formatting
- Moderate to high typing speed is also needed to ensure work can be completed promptly.
- Must be able to compose articulate and concise business letters and other correspondence.
- Must be able to take verbal direction and develop letters or correspondence in response to incoming business matters.
- Project or report-writing experience desired
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills including a positive and outgoing personality that is warm and welcoming as well as excellent telephone skills as duties include answering phone calls, assisting with the direction of people who come to the Admissions, and multi-tasking across a myriad of duties.
- Professional telephone screening of calls and scheduling of appointments is critical and the ability to work overtime may sometimes be required.
- A “can-do” attitude is essential as the role may include a variety of tasks including making coffee, filing, handling constant phone calls or drop by personnel, or representing the Vice President or the management team at meetings, etc.
- Excellent computer skills and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal and telephone skills
- Must be self-directed and able to take initiative.
- Flexibility to work with a wide variety of personalities and temperaments
Accountabilities: Dependability and timeliness in attendance and completion of work. Able to maintain confidential information. Positive and professional representation of the company at all times.
Mental Demands: Must be highly organized, detail and multi-task oriented . Able to prioritize responsibilities, solve problems, and analyze systems.
Visual Demands: Extensive use of computer monitor . Proofreading . Filing and retrieving documents.
Physical Demands: Long intervals at keyboard and telephone . Bending/kneeling to access files . Able to lift/move up to 30 lbs.
Environment: Very busy, fast-paced, service-oriented environment.
Character: The above position description is intended to outline the general nature and level of work performed by people in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other duties may be assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift M-F
Work Location: One location